Weaverville, off of highway 299 near the Joss House. Oregon and Main Streets. (530) 623-5284.
The Chinese population in Weaverville numbered over 2,000 during the Gold Rush period. Their first place of worship burned in 1873. It was replaced, at this site, in 1874. This well-preserved building contains many of the furnishings, originally brought from China, that were saved when the first building burned. It is still used as a place of worship by the Chinese community.
Won Lim Miao. Hundreds of Chinese miners came to the Weaverville area in the 1850's and prospered despite hardships, discrimination, and tax on foreign miners. The first house of worship burned in 1873; the Chinese continued their religious traditions in the present temple, dedicated April 18, 1874. Moon Lim Lee, trustee and grandson of one of its contributors, gift-deeded the "Temple amongst the Forest beneath the clouds" to the state.
California registered Historical Landmark No. 709. Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in Cooperation with Trinitarianus Chapter No. 62, E Clampus Vitus, July 4, 1980.