1/2 file past Middle Bar Road, on Highway 49, 2.6 miles south of Jackson.
Ginocchio Store is the only surviving structure of the once thriving mining camp of Butte City. Originally built in 1854 as a bakery, it was converted into a merchandising store, in what was once a settlement of a thousand miner's cabins.
Constructed by Italian Signe Mason in 1987. Served pioneer settlers and miners as post office and general store. Later known as Ginocchio's. Dedicated by Grand Parlor. Native sons of the Golden West. March ????. William Bundesen, Grand President. In memory of James D Phelan, ?? senator.